- The moratorium on close contact with William is over.
- His blood counts continue to be high enough to allow him some freedom to be a boy!
- Spent 1 day in S.F. for a stem cell rescue (a simple transfusion) of one of the three batches of his own stem cells that were harvested back in August for his upcoming transplant. The purpose was to give him a simple boost before transplant since the MIBG radiation therapy can be quite taxing on his stem cells and their ability to produce the needed blood products to keep him healthy.
- Enjoying every minute of not being in the hospital or living under the threat of admittance for a while.
- Scheduled to be admitted at UCSF for stem cell transplant on January 24th.
The past 7 months have been intense and very exhausting. We still have at least another 7 ahead of us with treatments that will included many scheduled hospital stays and countless tests, etc. I can't help but feel that the Lord knows our capacities and knew we needed this small period of time to breathe, regroup as a family, and recharge for the battery draining that will soon recommence.