- Disconnected from all IV connections.
- Took a shower (scrubbed off all residual "stickies" from surgery).
- Took several walks around the hospital floor and even got cleared to take a walk outside.
- Walked on the wild side, or should I say, walked across the street just to say we left hospital property for a few minutes.
- Increasing his solids intake---he should have more room for his stomach with the tumor and kidney absent.
- Abdomen still quite tender and pain in shoulders from air bubbles still working their way out from surgery.
- Pain will now be managed by morphine and Tylenol w/codeine as needed.
- Still in PICU, but only because of staffing issues on the regular floor. Will be transferred in the morning.
- Scheduled to start Round 6 of chemo in the morning.
- Hoping to be discharged by Friday afternoon, pending nausea control.
- Grandpa Chad is taking his shift at the hospital tonight---we'll see how he likes the sleepchair!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Walking on The Wild Side
Here's a quick rundown of today's progress so I have it documented: